We have a new opening for our Reading site.
We’re looking for qualified, creative, passionate Brewers for our microbrewery and restaurant. The new Brewmaster will share our dedication to producing high quality core beers that have been painstakingly honed over the years, as well as come up with new ideas for our small batch seasonal which change every month. This means you must be able to manage stock levels of our core range, develop creative recipes for the monthly seasonal and take ownership of brewery operations.
The Brewmaster will be responsible for:
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the brewhouse.
- Ensuring quality, safety, and consistency in producing Zerodegrees Brewing’ products.
- Selecting ingredients and procuring supplies for the brewhouse.
- Developing and managing brewing and purchasing schedules.
- Preventative maintenance and safety protocols.
- Creating new styles in consultation with management.
- Participate in festivals and marketing events, both onsite and offsite.
- Other duties as needed.
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- At least one and half years to three years’ experience in a production brewery with at least a 10HL capacity. This should include a solid working knowledge of brewery operations: packaging, quality control, loss prevention, preventative maintenance, ingredients, and inventory management. You should also be familiar with the sanitation requirements of a brewery and should be able both to prevent and respond to microbiological activity.
- Exceptional working knowledge of the process of brewing beer. You should be able not only to create recognized styles but to use innovative ingredients, techniques, processes, and combinations to create unique beers. You should be able to consistently turn quality raw materials into quality beer and to scale recipes up from small batches to any larger quantity.
- Strong and demonstrated leadership and interpersonal communication skills. You’ll be part of the management team, so the ability to be a team player is essential. Likewise, you’ll need to communicate effectively with the restaurant /bar staff. Other management experience is a plus.
- A degree from a recognized brewing school in Brewing Science is preferred. We also preferable you to have at least a bachelor’s degree in a field relevant to brewing or brewhouse management, such as chemistry, engineering, mathematics, or biology. The more production brewery experience, the less emphasis we will place on academic qualifications.
- A knowledge in bottling and kegging beers as we are looking to expand into Trade.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Must be fluent in Microsoft Office. The position will require careful record-keeping and accurate projections, so Excel fluency is especially important.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule. We regularly take part in festivals and host beer related events – our brewers are always at the heart of that.
The Brewmaster position is a full-time, salaried position.
Qualified candidates will be required to do 3 day working interview in person in Reading after phone interviews are completed.